After the resounding success of last year’s ZEE Jaipur Literature Festival Writing Competition, we are back! Bring out the writer in you, put pen to paper and show us your skills! Send us a piece of your best work and you stand a chance to be a published blogger on the ZEE Jaipur Literature Festival blog page!The 2017 Jaipur Literature Festival Writing Competition presents an opportunity for writers to submit creative pieces on the theme ‘The Freedom to Dream: India at 70.’ The best of all entries received will be published on the festival website and its related Teamwork Arts websites and partners leading up to the event and at the end of the competition.
Writing can be creative and critical responses to the theme, in any written medium. Potential subjects include history, literature, music, social structures, social media, women, religion, partition, economics, the next 70 years of India etc.
If you happen to be 18 and above, here’s some icing for your cake – the most promising 10 of these entrants will be official festival bloggers of the 2017 ZEE Jaipur Literature Festival for the duration of the Festival. You will get to travel to Jaipur and blog on ground directly!
See updates of the competition on our Facebook Page.
Guidelines for the competition:
- Each person can submit a maximum of three entries till the competition ends. However, if your entry is selected to be featured on the website then no further entries from you will be accepted. You will be informed by email in case of selection.
- Writing can be in any format (poetry, story, article etc) and must relate to the theme of the competition – The Freedom to Dream: India at 70
- Entries must be in English.
- Entries must be original and not be published in any other place prior to submission (magazine, blog, etc)
- Entries must be sent as a Word document in attachment of the mail (No .pdf please). Please use Times New Roman Font in size 12. Include name, age, occupation, city of residence, contact number and email address within the document itself. Maximum word limit is 850 words per entry, 50 lines in case of a poem.
- Entries must not contain any vulgar, obscene, defamatory, pornographic or violent content or content detrimental to national interest.
- The contest opens on 24th October 2016.
- Deadline to submit entries is 10th December 2016.
- Announcement of winners will be on 20th December, 2016.
Please note: Entries not pertaining to the theme will be disqualified. All entries must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Jaipur Literature Festival Blog: 2017.’
Terms and Conditions:
- Age limit to submit entries is 18 years and above.
- Judges decision is final and binding.
- Upon selection, you agree for your work to be redrafted with or without consultation at the discretion of the blog Editor.
- Each entrant grants licence to Teamwork Arts Pvt. Ltd. to feature any and all of their submissions on any of their websites, or promotional material connected to this competition and the festival.
- Those selected as winners for the festival must attend a 2-3 day writing workshop and orientation prior to its commencement. These training workshops with the ZEE Jaipur Literature Festival Blogging Team are mandatory to all bloggers.
- Winners will receive festival jackets, and blogger certificates from ZEE Jaipur Literature Festival at the end of the festival.
- This competition is open to global participation. However, only Indian domestic travel for the winners to and from metro cities in India to Jaipur will be provided, via train. (3 tier AC)
- Teamwork Arts Pvt. Ltd bears no responsibility for any selected international winners not receiving a visa or the delay of visa, or any winner missing the train to Jaipur from the designated railway station for any reason.
- Accommodation, daily travel and meals during the festival will be provided. Travel from the hotel to the venue will be provided every morning. Transport will be provided from the Music Stage venue to the hotel every evening.
- Bloggers will be given access to the Music Stage performances in the evenings to cover the events. They will also be given the opportunity to attend the Writer’s Ball at the end of the festival.
- Bloggers will get opportunities to interact with press, industry experts and authors during the course of the festival to blog about apart from sessions. They will also receive one-on-one mentoring sessions with the Festival Blog Editor to help in their blogs.
- The selected bloggers will also get to attend Jaipur BookMark’s New Writers’ Mentorship Programme – The First Book Club, which offers a chance to be part of a special one-on- one session at JBM 2017 for publishing advice from industry experts.
- Breakfast will be provided at the Blogger’s accommodation. Lunch will be provided, along with other volunteers, at the main venue, Diggi Palace. Dinner will be provided at the Music Stage venue.
- Any misbehaviour and clash with organizers, authors and attendees or taking undue advantage of facilities provided, by the bloggers will lead to expulsion from the blogger team and festival, effective immediately.
- Teamwork Arts reserves the right to alter the guidelines and terms and conditions at any time.